Thursday, February 16, 2017

Why Clothing Countz

College is known for pulling all nighters and going to class in pajamas.  However, college is the last stepping stone until we reach the waters of our professional lives.  The clothes we wear reflect our potential and have an effect on our confidence and mindset.

Going to class in sweatpants and a hoodie can be so comfortable, but that can make us feel even more tired.  Or, there might be a guest speaker during lecture, a speaker who has the ability to give you an internship, but sweatpants are not a great first impression.  Live by the quote, "Look good, feel good".

From class, to presentations, interviews, and internships, what you wear is important.  Mixing and matching, color combinations, and other aspects can make or break an outfit.  I will give the best advice possible to insure the proper attire needed for different situations.

College is the most important time period in someone's life because of the potential college holds.  In high school, I could careless with that I looked like and was more focused on hanging out with friends.  Now being in college, my main focus is to do well in class and create a future for myself.  I cannot wear what I wore in high school and expect to make a very good first impression.  In order to reach one's full potential, confidence is needed.  Clothing is the one aspect that holds the power to confidence.

Clothes can be expensive, but simple tips and tricks can be useful in maintaining a versatile wardrobe.  There are online shopping cites and phone apps that can be very useful is saving money.  It is easy to interchange clothing items to stretch a small wardrobe to last a long time.

Being stylish is not a difficult task and can be one
small change that can help boost our confidence and show our potential.  

4 comments:

  1. Hey Serena!
    First of all, your blog has a really nice design, which is impressive considering how blogger works...
    Secondly, I can't wait to see what you post! your topic is very close to my heart ;).
    I totally agree that wearing pajamas all day when you're tired just makes you more tired. It's worth it to take those few extra minutes to put together an outfit.
    Nissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to think the more comfortable I felt, the better I would do in school. However, it did just make me tired and it also made me look tired. Some days, I looked as if I just rolled out of bed. Who would take some one like seriously?

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to see what you talk about. I've never been very "girly" and I'm awful at putting outfits together. Hopefully this will help me be more daring and figure out how to make the clothes I have go further. And maybe my poor daughter will have a fighting chance to look a little more girly than I ever did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! In high school, I just wore band t-shirts and ripped jeans. I wore random colors, didn't match at all, and definitely did not look "girly" at all. Even though I have become more "girly", I know some girls like a more relaxed style, which can still be dressed up and down to look cute. I hope my blog helps you.

      Delete